Welcome

to my blog, Connect thru Love. My postings will be about changing the parenting paradigm from consequences and control, which do NOT, I believe, have long term effects on behavior, to a love based teaching/living model. And what i appreciate most about this model, even from my very right-brained perspective, is that it is based on neuroscience and what and how the brain processes experiences. And though I am a therapist, when I work with families who are encountering difficult behaviors in their children, I am an educator and a coach to the parents.

I invite you to not only read, but to comment and ask questions regarding behaviors you are encountering with your children. And if you are a teacher, counselor/therapist, or case manager, I would love to hear from you as well.

To ask a question, please email me at connecthrulove@gmail.com
or simply post it in the comment section.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

FREE,FREE,FREE...

Free all day training with Heather Forbes: Heather will be in Fort Wayne Indiana on September 11, 2010 to present for an entire day on the theories and methods presented in the book Beyond Consequences Logic and Control. The training is free, with a copy in hand, of Beyond Consequences, Logic and Control Volume I, or Volume II. For those of you, who are out of the area, check on the Beyond Consequences link on the right side of this blog, for other dates and places around the country. The Beyond Consequences Live training was my first formal introduction to Heather and that was five years ago...my way of doing therapy/coaching and my way of "doing" all relationship changed. Be prepared to shake up your world. And when Heather says 9:00-4:00 believe that it will be an intense, packed with useful information, day. AND the information is more practical than theoretical...you can use it immediately!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really look forward to both your questions and comments.