Welcome

to my blog, Connect thru Love. My postings will be about changing the parenting paradigm from consequences and control, which do NOT, I believe, have long term effects on behavior, to a love based teaching/living model. And what i appreciate most about this model, even from my very right-brained perspective, is that it is based on neuroscience and what and how the brain processes experiences. And though I am a therapist, when I work with families who are encountering difficult behaviors in their children, I am an educator and a coach to the parents.

I invite you to not only read, but to comment and ask questions regarding behaviors you are encountering with your children. And if you are a teacher, counselor/therapist, or case manager, I would love to hear from you as well.

To ask a question, please email me at connecthrulove@gmail.com
or simply post it in the comment section.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

FREE WEBINAR

So you all know my passion for working with families and educators to help them understand and to successfully be in relationship with the challenging children in their families and classrooms...tomorrow night, July 29 at 9:00pm Eastern time, Bryan Post, my mentor and teacher, is doing a FREE Webinar. The topic will be understanding the connection between the brain and children with challenging behaviors. Dr. Bruce Perry of the Child Trauma Academy says that if you work with children (parents, teachers, therapists, case managers, judges, probation officers, etc.) you MUST have a generalist understanding of the brain. I invite you all to sign up and tune in: www2.gotomeeting.com/register/849153794

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really look forward to both your questions and comments.