Welcome

to my blog, Connect thru Love. My postings will be about changing the parenting paradigm from consequences and control, which do NOT, I believe, have long term effects on behavior, to a love based teaching/living model. And what i appreciate most about this model, even from my very right-brained perspective, is that it is based on neuroscience and what and how the brain processes experiences. And though I am a therapist, when I work with families who are encountering difficult behaviors in their children, I am an educator and a coach to the parents.

I invite you to not only read, but to comment and ask questions regarding behaviors you are encountering with your children. And if you are a teacher, counselor/therapist, or case manager, I would love to hear from you as well.

To ask a question, please email me at connecthrulove@gmail.com
or simply post it in the comment section.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Challenge

I am all about challenges these days. I just finished a 2 session parenting series on the Beyond Logic and Consequences book and the Stress Model. I gave a challenge to the parents attending the workshop to choose one behavior they would like help in dealing with. One behavior that a child displays that just drives the parents to distraction. And I have given teachers a 10 week challenge to change their classroom from stress to calm by working with the challenging student/students (see more on Challenging Children Facebook page). My parents in the workshop are looking at 2 months to turn around a behavior that their child/children are displaying. One single behavior. This includes anything from lying to smearing feces in the bedroom and lots of behaviors in between that are still to be identified.

Challenge to readers of this blog: take the challenge and write to me about one behavior that your child displays that you find absolutely unacceptable. I promise to guide you step by step through emails for 2 months. You can email me at connecthrulove@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you...I look forward to the CHALLENGE! Remember trauma that occurred in the context of relationship can only be healed in the context of relationship. It cannot be healed by consequences...it can only be healed by love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really look forward to both your questions and comments.